Easy Homemade Whole Wheat Waffles
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons non-aluminum baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
Place the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- In a measuring cup measure the oil first, add the milk and then add the egg. Mix the liquid ingredients well, then add to the dry ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix lightly until dry ingredients are wet but not smooth. Fill the bottom half of a waffle iron and bake according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve with real Maple Syrup and enjoy.
Tagged: Whole Grain