One of my favorite chores is to organize my pantry. When you are done you have a neat organized space and hopefully one where you can find the items you need to cook those fabulous meals for your family. Follow these 7 steps to a more organized pantry.
- Make a list of what you want to keep in your pantry. From spaghetti to tomatoes. From applesauce to soup. Know what you want to store.
- Take everything out of your pantry. Yes, everything. This may seem like overkill but it will be worth it.
- If you don’t have storage containers you absolutely love, buy canning jars from 1/2 pint (jelly jars) to 1/2 gallon. Glass canning jars are the most economical as well as practical because you can see what you have and how much of it you have.
- Label your storage containers. Before you even begin to put your pantry back together, label everything. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just freezer tape and a sharpie right now.
- Put the cans back first and find the best place for them, preferably all together. Don’t put them in alphabetical order. Put them in convenience order with the most used in the most convenient place.
- Now add in the storage containers of spaghetti, flour, sugar, oats or whatever you keep. Again try to group them together so you can see what you have.
- Step back and enjoy knowing you have a place for the ingredients you want to keep on hand.